Sunday 10 June 2007

Sunday-Gone-To-Market Chicken


Lindsay and I dropped by Chateaurenard market this morning. It's just a local market - no competitor to the internationally famous markets of Isle-sur-la-Sorgue or St-Remy-de-Provence - but very good and the centre of local life on a summer Sunday.

One great aspect is the fantastic 'poulets rotis' stall, where chickens (and a variety of other meats) are spit roasted in front of giant gas burners, whatever the temperature. And the chickens are so tasty. (I didn't have my camera with me, but I might go back with it next week for a few pics.)

We had ours with some boiled broad beans and Ratte new potatoes (Ratte because they are somewhat rodent shaped, I assume) tossed in butter, chopped mint leaves and a little coarse Camargue salt. (Beans, spuds and mint all home grown too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment