Sunday 30 August 2009

Storms and Shocks

We had our first summer storm a few days ago and after an hour of heavy ran, the sun came out and steam began to rise from the garden.  This reminded me of some pictures that I'd taken a year or so ago and I went back to look at them again.  Here they are...


I was (pleasantly) shocked to see how much change has happened in the garden since I took this shot back in June 2008.  Here's the same scene now...
Obviously, the grass is looking a little less lush, as it's the end of August and it hasn't been rained on since May (excepting the storm).  But haven't the pampas grasses grown?  Not to mention the cherry tree halfway down on the right.  And it's hard to imagine that we've only had our pergolas for just over a year.  You can see the posts were in in June ’08.  Now the spiky garden is already looking very established around the pergola with the siesta bed in it...


No comments:

Post a Comment